Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, also called UPSC CISF AC LDCE is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to the post of Assistant Commandants (Executive) in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF). This UPSC Exam is conducted every year and is scheduled on the 4th of March for the year 2018.
This article will give you a clear idea about UPSC CISF AC LDCE 2018. To understand the examination pattern, eligibility criterion, schedule etc., read through.
- The written test is of 300 marks. It will consist of questions related to General Ability, Intelligence and Professional Skills. The questions are of objective type, each carrying 2 marks. Negative marking does not apply in this exam.
- The question paper is divided into two equal parts. Part-1 consisting of 75 questions testing the general ability and Part-2 consisting of 75 questions, testing the professional skills of the candidate.
- 2 hours 30 minutes is the time duration given to complete the paper.
- The paper is printed both in Hindi and in English.
- Those candidates who successfully clear the written examination are called for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) followed by a medical test for checking the vision of the candidate.
- Candidates must note that a letter enclosing the roll numbers of the candidates and the dates for PET will be issued by UPSC.
- The candidates might have to stay at the centre for about 3-4 days for the PET.
- Subsequently, the candidates who clear both the above-mentioned tests will b e-summoned by UPSC for the final round which is the personal interview. The names of the students called for personal interview will be published on the commission’s website at www.cisf.gov.in .
- Candidates who clear all the three levels are then appointed for the service.
- The eligibility criterion for UPSC CISF AC LDCE has not yet been announced.
- The candidates can fill in the online application form on www.upsc.gov.in, the UPSC’s official website only. The applications are accepted only in online mode. The application form will remain available from 29 December 2017 and will be accepted only till the 4th week of January 2018. After the date, the link will expire.
- The candidates are required to retain a hard copy of the duly filled form, as it must be sent to the officials in due time for verification and onward transmission to the commission.
- Candidates will need to download the UPSC CISF AC LDCE E-Admission Card uploaded on the commission’s website and appear for the written examination at the designated schedule and venue in Uniform.
- Official identity cards have to be carried along with hall ticket. It is also very important to go through the instructions on the UPSC CISF AC LDCE 2018 E-Admission Card before appearing for the exam.
Schedule of events related to UPSC CISF AC LDCE:
- 6th December 2017- Issue of notification
- 29th December 2017 – Commencement of application process
- 4th week of January 2018 – Deadline for application in online mode
- 1st week of February 2018 onwards – Issue of E- Admission Card
- 4th March 2018 – Date of Written Entrance Exam
- 2nd week of April 2018 (Tentative) – Declaration of results
- 1st week of May 2018 – PST/ PET/ MET
- 1st week of July 2018 – Personal Interview
- 2nd week of July 2018 – Declaration of final result
For a better understanding on UPSC exam, current affairs preparation, subscribe to our Byju’s YouTube Channel which provides tips and tricks to crack competitive examinations.